Millistream Data Feed API (MDF) version 1.0.23 released
Millistream is pleased to announce the release of version 1.0.23 of our open source Data Feed API.
- updated mdf_fields.h to the latest version (9 new fields)
- one new message MDF_M_MAPPINGS
- various performance improvements for both encoding and decoding
- uses the EVP functions from OpenSSL for major performance improvements when encrypting, decrypting and hashing data on systems with a AES-NI compatible CPU
- new function: mdf_message_set_utf8_validation() to enable/disable the costly UTF-8 validation performed by mdf_message_add_string() and mdf_message_add_string2()
- new function: mdf_message_add_string2() for adding strings with a predetermined length
As usual this version of MDF is binary compatible with previous versions, so there is no need to recompile client applications, so users (including users of the Java JNI wrapper) can simply upgrade by replacing the libmdf file itself.
MDF 1.0.23 is available for download from the following locations:
- Windows: https://packages.millistream.com/Windows/libmdf-1.0.23.exe
- macOS: https://packages.millistream.com/macOS/libmdf-1.0.23.pkg
- Red Hat / CentOS: https://packages.millistream.com/rpm/
- Debian / Ubuntu: https://packages.millistream.com/apt/
- Source code: https://packages.millistream.com/source/libmdf-1.0.23.tar.gz
- Documentation: ftp://ftp.millistream.com/documents/
Linux users who have added our apt or yum repositories can upgrade by simply issuing:
- Debian/Ubuntu: “
apt-get update && apt-get upgrade“
- Red Hat/CentOS/Amazon Linux AMI: “
Information on how to add these repositories are available at
And as usual, if you have any questions what so ever regarding this release or other things, don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.