The Millistream MDA project team is pleased to announce the release of version 0.9.41 of our open source application for updating SQL servers with data from the Millistream Data Feed.
- Support for new table “underlyings” from SQL Schema v90. Instruments have started to use multiply underlying id:s so the current model with a single column in “instruments” does no longer suffice. To remedy this we have added a new table “underlyings” which will have one row per insref and underlying (as ISIN as usual). When we will start to send out multiple underlyings the “instruments.underlyingid” can contain multiple ISINs separated by a pipe “|” character which is hard to deocde using SQL so this new table is much better to use.
- Support for new table “priip” from SQL Schema v90. This is the “European PRIIPs Template (EPT) v1.1” table. Please not that access to this data requires additional entitlements.
- Support for new table “mifid” from SQL Schema v90. This is the “European MiFID Template (EMT) v1.0” table. Please not that access to this data requires additional entitlements.
- Log the SQL Server error code on sql errors for easier troubleshooting
- Made the source possible to compile under MSYS2 on Windows
- The Windows Installer includes the latest version of libmdf (v1.0.21) needed to deflate the MMT column in the “trades” table (a new column from SQL Schema v90)
As earlier announced, as of v0.9.33 the database schema is developed independently of the MDA and the latest schema including upgrade scripts is available on our ftp server under the documents section (MDA_schemas_[version].zip). As of this writing the latest database schema is v90 and is available from ftp://ftp.millistream.com/documents/MDA_schema_90.zip.
Do note however that the latest schemas are only needed if you need the new columns/tables, they are not mandatory to operate the MDA!
We consider MDA 0.9.41 to be the best version of MDA available and we recommend that users of older versions upgrade as soon as possible.
MDA 0.9.41 is available for download from the following locations:
- Windows installer: https://packages.millistream.com/Windows/mda-0.9.41.exe
- Red Hat / CentOS: https://packages.millistream.com/rpm/
- Debian / Ubuntu: https://packages.millistream.com/apt/
- Source code: https://packages.millistream.com/source/mda-0.9.41.tar.gz
- Documentation: ftp://ftp.millistream.com/documents/mda.pdf
Windows users upgrade by running the installer for the new version. Linux users who have added our apt or yum repositories can upgrade by simply issuing:
- Debian/Ubuntu: “
apt update && apt upgrade“
- Red Hat/CentOS/Amazon Linux AMI: “
Information on how to add these repositories are available at ftp://ftp.millistream.com/binaries/linux/.
And as usual, if you have any questions what so ever regarding this release or other things, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.