The Millistream MDA project team is pleased to announce the release of version 0.9.42 of our open source application for updating SQL servers with data from the Millistream Data Feed.
- Support for new table “newstags” from SQL Schema v94. Some News Agencies can provide a wealth of tags for each news item and in the future these tags will replace many of the current values in “news.newstype”, “news.topic” and “news.regulatory”.
- Changed the umask of the semaphore used for “mda –status” on Linux so that other members of the “mda” group can call “mda –status”.
- When calculating the diffX values in the “performance” table, MDA will now use MDF_F_PRICETYPE instead of MDF_F_INSTRUMENTTYPE when determining whether to calculate using NAV or LastPrice.
- Log all failed sql statements to the sql log even if it’s an insert on insert-first or an update on update-first, also we always log the sql server error string to the sql log.
- Append the queue number to the sql log so it’s possible to see which queue that ran the query.
- Sql statements that resulted in AffectedRows==0 could be logged twice to the sql log.
- Sets XACT_ABORT to “OFF” when connecting to a MSSQL Server to prevent duplicate key errors from rolling back a transaction if the server have been configured to do that otherwise.
- Use the MSOLEDBSQL provider for MSSQL Server if found since this is the new OLE DB provider after SQLNCLI was deprecated (SQLNCLI13 was the last version from Microsoft).
As earlier announced, as of v0.9.33 the database schema is developed independently of the MDA and the latest schema including upgrade scripts is available on our ftp server under the documents section (MDA_schemas_[version].zip). As of this writing the latest database schema is v94 and is available from ftp://ftp.millistream.com/documents/MDA_schema_94.zip
Do note however that the latest schemas are only needed if you need the new columns/tables, they are not mandatory to operate the MDA!
We consider MDA 0.9.42 to be the best version of MDA available and we recommend that users of older versions upgrade as soon as possible.
MDA 0.9.42 is available for download from the following locations:
- Windows installer: https://packages.millistream.com/Windows/mda-0.9.42.exe
- Red Hat / CentOS: https://packages.millistream.com/rpm/
- Debian / Ubuntu: https://packages.millistream.com/apt/
- Source code: https://packages.millistream.com/source/mda-0.9.42.tar.gz
- Documentation: ftp://millistream.com/documents/mda.pdf
Windows users upgrade by running the installer for the new version.
Linux users who have added our apt or yum repositories can upgrade by simply issuing:
- Debian/Ubuntu: “
apt update && apt upgrade“
- Red Hat/CentOS/Amazon Linux AMI: “
Information on how to add these repositories are available at ftp://millistream.com/binaries/linux/
And as usual, if you have any questions what so ever regarding this release or other things, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com