The Millistream MDA project team is pleased to announce the release of version 0.9.49 of our open source application for updating SQL servers with data from the Millistream Data Feed.
- Use NULLIF() when updating/inserting calculated values (e.g the keyratios and performance tables) to avoid possible “divide by zero” errors that both would create unnecessary logs but also would prevent correct values from being updated in multi-column updates (which is often the case for the keyratios table).
- Fixed a problem where a leftover ‘=’, ‘+’ or ‘-‘ could prevent instruments.sector to be properly updated
As earlier announced, as of v0.9.33 the database schema is developed independently of the MDA and the latest schema including upgrade scripts is available on our ftp server under the documents section (MDA_schemas_[version].zip). As of this writing the latest database schema is v104 and is available from ftp://ftp.millistream.com/documents/MDA_schema_104.zip
Do note however that the latest schemas are only needed if you need the new columns/tables, they are not mandatory to operate the MDA!
We consider MDA 0.9.49 to be the best version of MDA available and we recommend that users of older versions upgrade as soon as possible.
MDA 0.9.49 is available for download from the following locations:
- Windows installer: https://packages.millistream.com/Windows/mda-0.9.49.exe
- Red Hat / CentOS: https://packages.millistream.com/rpm/
- Debian / Ubuntu: https://packages.millistream.com/apt/
- Source code: https://packages.millistream.com/source/mda-0.9.49.tar.gz
- Documentation: ftp://millistream.com/documents/mda.pdf
Windows users upgrade by running the installer for the new version.
Linux users who have added our apt or yum repositories can upgrade by simply issuing:
- Debian/Ubuntu: “
apt update && apt upgrade“
- Red Hat/CentOS/Amazon Linux AMI: “
Information on how to add these repositories are available at ftp://millistream.com/binaries/linux/
And as usual, if you have any questions what so ever regarding this release or other things, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com