The Millistream MDA project team is pleased to announce the release of version 0.9.40 of our open source application for updating SQL servers with data from the Millistream Data Feed.
- Fixed an error on PostgreSQL where escaped string containing forward slash “\” characters would be sent wrongly to the SQL server if “standard_conforming_strings” is enabled on the server (which it is per default in newer versions of PostgreSQL).
- Support “connectionstring” setting in mda.config for the Microsoft SQL Server and PostreSQL servers for power users that want to set more options for the connection to the SQL server than the available settings in mda.config allow. When “connectionstring” is used then the other settings such as “username”, “password”, “dbname”, “server” and “port” are ignored by the MDA.
- On Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL a “mda –check-types” could erroneously report errors for “numeric” columns with a length between (10,0) and (19,0).
- When connecting with MySQL/MariaDB, MDA will now read options from the “mda” group in the “my.cnf” file if such a group exists.
- The SSL settings added in v0.9.39 for MySQL/MariaDB will now also work for PostgreSQL (even though they are perhaps best set there using the “connectionstring” setting anyway).
- Added man pages for “mda” and “mda.config” on Linux.
As earlier announced, as of v0.9.33 the database schema is developed independently of the MDA and the latest schema including upgrade scripts is available on our ftp server under the documents section (MDA_schemas_[version].zip). As of this writing the latest database schema is v89 and thus the file is available from ftp://ftp.millistream.com/documents/MDA_schema_89.zip.
Do note however that the latest schemas are only needed if you need the new columns/tables, they are not mandatory to operate the MDA!
We consider MDA 0.9.40 to be the best version of MDA available and we recommend that users of older versions upgrade as soon as possible.
MDA 0.9.40 is available for download from the following locations:
- Windows installer: ftp://ftp.millistream.com/binaries/windows/
- Red Hat / CentOS: https://packages.millistream.com/rpm/
- Debian / Ubuntu: https://packages.millistream.com/apt/
- Source code: ftp://ftp.millistream.com/sources/
- Documentation: ftp://ftp.millistream.com/documents/mda.pdf
Windows users upgrade by running the installer for the new version. Linux users who have added our apt or yum repositories can upgrade by simply issuing:
- Debian/Ubuntu: “
apt update && apt upgrade“
- Red Hat/CentOS/Amazon Linux AMI: “
Information on how to add these repositories are available at ftp://ftp.millistream.com/binaries/linux/.
And as usual, if you have any questions what so ever regarding this release or other things, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com.